29 Nisan 2020 Çarşamba

Learning Finnish

 Finnish Language

One of the courses we take at school is Finnish for Exchange Students. I loved this course because we were learning a new language. We were learning this language with other exchange students. This was a good thing. Because nobody in the class knew Finnish. And everyone was learning new words.


 And when I researched the language I will learn a little, I came across an interesting detail.
Finnish is distinguished between Scandinavian languages ​​because it comes from a different family: Ural-Altay Language Family. Turkish is also from this language family 😊 Therefore, Turkish from Altay Branch is a distant relative of Finnish from Ural Branch.


In fact, some words are really similar in Finnish and Turkish. Due to the fact that Finnish and Turkish are distant relatives, there are many similarities and the features of Finnish are:
  • It is read as it is written.
  • It is an additive language. Therefore, as in Turkish, you come across long words / verbs.
I learned to introduce myself as Finnish. I know the numbers a little. I think I am successful in learning a new language:)
Hello mean-Moi! Hei! Terve'
Nimeni on Beyza. Olen kaksikymmenta. Olen kotoisin Afyonkarahisarasta, Turkista. Puhun Turkkia ja Englantia. Olen kolmenen vuoden sairaanhoitajaopiskelia. Turun Ammetikorkeokoulussa.Asun Turussa. Harrastouksian ovat lukeminen, lentopallo, musikki

My name is Beyza. I'm twenty years old. I came from Afyonkarahisar, Turkey. I am speaking Turkish and English. I am a nursing student at Turku University of Applied Sciences. I am living in Turku. My hobbies are read a book ,play volleyball, listen to music.
You learn Finnish from books, but everything changes when you go out on the street. One day I studied the Finnish numbers, I said, "Now I will shop at the market and understand when the cashier says the price". The cashier said the price so quickly and differently that I perceived it as another language. I was angry at why I could not understand for a long time, but then I learned that the language spoken on the street could be very different from the language taught in the book.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder